nisha manoj

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Palakkad, Kerala

We are going to kerala after 3 long years and this is my first visit to my husband’s place too. Since I got Google I have been using it for anything and everything ..be it a cure for a sneeze or see Mauritius where I don’t even dream to be able to go ..haha!
Well I have just seen some beautiful kerala sarees online …I love kerala – lush green paddy fields , lovely aromatic delicious food and soothing temple music.

I have packed my bag with sarees amongst my other clothes which I do only for a kerala trip. Each time I visit kerala I wish for long thick hair cause I am so self conscious ..rather head-conscious.
Palakkad – land of paddy ..granary of kerala ..

Palakkad is aptly called the granary of Kerala ..with vast evergreen paddy fields and tasty rice. The rice we eat in this area of the state is tastier than other regions.

We landed just when Navratri began in 2014 and the entire place and people were busy in temples where poojas and devotion was at its peak. We had vegetarian food due to Navratri and visited lovely temples.

There is a side dish called "vattal" which is famous here ..all types rice vattal, ladys finger vattal etc ..it is called "kondattam" in the northern areas of kerala. I tried making them once i came back and got it right only after few trials.




No comments:

Post a Comment