nisha manoj

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Kerala Mural

My very first Kerala Mural is ready. I have uploaded the various stages for anybody interested in this art. For a brief introduction, kerala mural painting is an ancient artwork done on temple and palace walls in Kerala.Though natural pigments and vegetable colours are used i painted with poster colours


The sketch is as below:



Now i filled the colours: orange, blue, red and green:



The final stage shows the use of the colour - black that makes the painting standout :



Hope you all love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nisha,
    I have heard of this south indian art and I did see some when we traveled down south. You have quite a steady hand for this kind of art work, looking great.
    btw about the tefla berry question. The berry is known as Sichuan pepper in english, you might find more info with the english name. I will definitely look out for more info as well. cheers!

    ReplyDelete